Filed under: Calleja
He was a medical practitioner, specializing in dermatology — having worked at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital (1947-1949), UCLA Medical Center (1948) and several other hospitals across Canada and the United States. He served as the President of the University of the Philippines Manila Medical Alumni Association in 1966; and served as a dermatologic surgery consultant at UP PGH’s Dermatology Section. In addition to being affiliated with many associations and foundations, he was a member of Makati Medical Center‘s Founders’ Circle. He also served as Chairman of the Department of Dermatology of MMC.
He is the father of Dr. Manuel Ocampo Fernandez (a pioneering cosmetic surgeon who first brought liposuction to the Philippines), Maria Victoria “Vicki” Ocampo Fernandez-Zubiri (the socialite-mother of Senator Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri) and Malu Ocampo Fernandez (the infamous lifestyle writer who enraged millions of OFWs with her 2007 People Asia travel article).
Family History Research Notes
1. “Dermatology Section”. UP PGH Web Site.
2. “History of UPMAS”. UP Manila Medical Alumni Society Web Site.
3. “The History of Makati Medical Center”. Makati Medical Center Web Site.
4. “Makati Med marks 38 years”. Inquirer.net.
5. Manuel Calleja Fernandez’ Family Tree can be found in Geni.com.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment